William Penn – “If we are not governed by God, then we will be Governed by a tyrant”
- Trilateral Commission calls 2023 ‘Year One’ of New World Order
- Members discuss China, middle powers and ChatGPT at meeting in India
- This year, 2023, is Year One of this new global order.
- At the core of this shift is the U.S. Instead of committing to a neoliberal, free-market economy, the U.S. government is driving the economy and key industries toward a set of objectives, such as domestic equity at home and competition with China, the speaker said.
- In such a world, middle powers like India, Saudi Arabia and Turkey will carve their own paths, weighing the economic, strategic and defense interests, the speaker said.
- Ironically, as the Trilateral Commission convened, Saudi Arabia and Iran agreed to normalize relations, shattering Israel’s hopes for isolating Tehran. The deal was brokered by China, with the U.S. having no role in the handshake.
- …Commission members expressed hope that China would play a part in ending the Ukraine war. “Whether Russia will stop the war depends on the role of China. If China decides to help Russia [evade] sanctions, if China decides to provide Russia with arms, this war can go on for very long,” one European analyst said.
- Another hot topic was artificial intelligence. “A poll last year found that 49% of AI researchers have said that AI poses an existential threat to humanity, almost to the level of a nuclear type of disaster in the scale of humanity,” said a member
- Still, participants were generally positive about the wildly popular ChatGPT and later jokingly asked the bot to write a poem about the Trilateral Commission.
- Following is one example:
- “In secret meetings, you plan and conspire
- To create a new order, of which you aspire.
- Your goals are unclear, but some see the end,
- As a world government, with you as its friend.”
Read the original article by clicking here.