Important Takeaways:
- Nursing Home Patients Raced Across Street to Escape Raging Los Angeles Wildfire as Winds Exceed 85 MPH
- Nursing home patients in Pasadena were being raced across roadways as the fire quickly spread due to gusty winds.
- Caretakers quickly wheeled elderly nursing home patients across the street as the fires raged.
- The elderly patients from the Terraces at Park Marino were evacuated and safely relocated.
- Mandatory evacuations were underway in Pasadena.
Read the original article by clicking here.
Important Takeaways:
- A massive wildfire whipped up by extreme winds has swept through a Los Angeles hillside dotted with celebrity homes – with a state of emergency declared.
- [Fox reported 200,000 without power]
- The enormous blaze in the Pacific Palisades forced the evacuation of tens of thousands of people, some of whom abandoned their cars and fled on foot to safety with roads blocked.
- Firefighters battling the blaze, which is burning through about five football fields a minute, warned they were running out of water and supplies, as evacuation warnings spread to Malibu and Calabasas.
- Tankers full of water had been dousing the inferno from the skies all afternoon, but all aircraft were later grounded amid deteriorating wind conditions and visibility.
- Residents were warned the worst is still yet to come as the raging wildfire burns through more than 2,900 acres of Los Angeles land at an extraordinary rate.
- At least 30,000 residents are now under mandatory evacuation orders with more still warned they should be prepared to leave, after a fire that broke out in the foothills near Eaton Canyon has grown to 1,000 acres in just six hours since it began.
- A third brush fire has broken out in Sylmar in the San Fernando Valley which recent estimates is around 100 acres big.
- The Hurst Fire was estimated at 300 acres with a ‘rapid rate of spread’ and mandatory evacuations this morning. Governor Gavin Newsom announced early today that the state had secured federal funding to help with the fire.
- Firefighters, which have said there is no hope of containing the fires overnight, are now focusing their efforts on helping residents get to safety
Read the original article by clicking here.
Important Takeaways:
- Yet another winter storm is heading for Texas, and this one could bring more dangers than Winter Storm Blair.
- The second major winter storm of 2025 is expected to have a more southern impact before turning towards the Northeast, AccuWeather warns. Cities including Dallas, Nashville and Atlanta have chances of facing snow and ice in the coming days.
- Unlike the polar vortex, which brought arctic air down from Canada, this storm is predicted to form over Texas beginning Tuesday night through Thursday. Areas of snow, sleet, freezing rain and rain will join.
- “Exactly how quickly the storm comes together, tracks and gains strength will determine the magnitude of the snow and ice that extends from the I-20 and I-40 corridors from Texas and Oklahoma to Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, the Carolinas, and Virginia from late this week to this weekend,” AccuWeather’s Monday afternoon update says.
- This week’s snowstorm “could deliver more than a year’s worth of snow to Dallas,” AccuWeather reports. The city’s historical average annual snowfall is 1.6 inches, including sleet, the forecaster says.
- Between 9 p.m. Wednesday and 7 a.m. Friday, Dallas has a 54% chance of seeing three to six inches of snow and a 42% chance of seeing one to three inches, according to AccuWeather’s predictions.
- Due to the unusually low temperatures in Texas this week, ice poses additional dangers in this storm. Conditions will be especially precarious in northeastern portions of the state Wednesday night and Thursday. Travel will be hazardous, and the additional weight on trees and powerlines could result in power outages.
Read the original article by clicking here.
Important Takeaways:
- After all the talk about hostage talks over the past year, it appears that a deal may really happen before President-elect Donald Trump is inaugurated.
- Trump is repeating for emphasis what he’s said will happen if Hamas doesn’t free all the hostages.
- “If they’re not back by the time I get into office, all hell will break out in the Middle East and it will not be good for Hamas and it will not be good, frankly, for anyone. All hell will break out,” the president-elect said on a podcast Tuesday with conservative Hugh Hewitt.
- Steve Witkoff, Middle East envoy in the next administration, remarked about Trump, “What he said, he expects. The red lines he’s put out there – that’s driving this negotiation.”
- Trump expressed anger about how Hamas has treated the hostages.
- “That beautiful girl where they (Hamas) threw her in the car, pulled her by her ponytail, and threw her in the car like she was a sack of potatoes,” he recalled. I said, what happened to her? So, she’s dead. Like a 19, 20-year-old beautiful girl.”
- Trump added, “They should have never taken them. There should have never been the attack of October 7th.”
- Witkoff’s taking part indirectly in the hostage talks in Doha, Qatar.
- “I think that we’ve had some really great progress,” Witkoff stated. “And I’m really hopeful that by the inaugural we’ll have some good things to announce.”
- Israel is taking part in the task force, and the only hold-up seems to be the unreasonable demands by Hamas.
Read the original article by clicking here.
Important Takeaways:
- A strong earthquake shook a high-altitude region of Tibet and areas of Nepal on Tuesday, damaging hundreds of houses, littering streets with rubble and killing at least 126 people in Tibet. Many others were trapped as dozens of aftershocks shook the remote region.
- At least 188 people were injured in Tibet on the Chinese side of the border, the official Xinhua News Agency said.
- More than 1,000 homes were damaged in the barren and sparsely populated region, state broadcaster CCTV reported. In video posted by the broadcaster, building debris littered streets and crushed cars.
- The U.S. Geological Survey said the earthquake measured magnitude 7.1 and was relatively shallow at a depth of about 10 kilometers (6 miles). China’s Earthquake Networks Center recorded the magnitude as 6.8. Shallow earthquakes often cause more damage.
- About 150 aftershocks were recorded in the nine hours after the earthquake, and the Mount Everest scenic area on the Chinese side was closed.
- Chinese leader Xi Jinping called for all-out efforts to rescue people, minimize casualties and resettle those whose homes were damaged. More than 3,000 rescuers were deployed, CCTV said.
Read the original article by clicking here.
Important Takeaways:
- Wildfires began breaking out in Southern California Tuesday morning as a life-threatening, widespread windstorm that could be one of the most destructive to hit the region in over a decade roars to life and creates extremely dangerous fire weather conditions.
- At least two fires broke out in the Los Angeles area as winds increased. The largest one, the Palisades Fire, quickly grew to 200 acres near Los Angeles’ Pacific Palisades neighborhood, according to the Los Angeles Fire Department.
- The area is under a rare, “particularly dangerous situation” red flag warning, the most dire such warning issued by the National Weather Service, for a high risk for dangerous fire weather conditions Tuesday afternoon until Wednesday afternoon for most of Los Angeles and Ventura Counties.
- “Widespread damaging winds and low humidities will likely cause fire starts to rapidly grow in size with extreme fire behavior,” the NWS warned, something fire officials echoed on Tuesday once fires broke out.
- “If we don’t catch these (fires) within the first 20 minutes, it can go hundreds of acres very quickly and can lead to significant evacuations,” Capt. Erik Scott, LAFD PIO told CNN affiliate KABC.
Read the original article by clicking here.
Important Takeaways:
- South Korea’s anti-corruption agency said it received a new court warrant Tuesday to detain impeached President Yoon Suk Yeol after its previous attempt was blocked by the presidential security service last week.
- The Corruption Investigation Office for High-Ranking Officials, which plans to question the embattled president on rebellion allegations over his short-lived martial law decree Dec. 3, did not immediately confirm how long the warrant would remain valid.
- The agency’s chief prosecutor, Oh Dong-woon, refused to answer when asked by lawmakers when the warrant would expire, saying such information is sensitive as the agency and police contemplate ways to execute it.
- Detention warrants typically last seven days but can be extended to around 10 days.
- The Seoul Western District Court last week had initially issued a warrant to detain Yoon and a separate warrant to search his residence after he repeatedly defied authorities by refusing to appear for questioning.
- About 150 anti-corruption agency investigators and police officers attempted to detain Yoon on Friday but retreated from his residence in Seoul after a tense standoff with the presidential security service that lasted more than five hours. The investigators did not make another attempt to detain Yoon and the previous court warrants expired after a week on Monday.
- The anti-corruption agency is leading a joint investigation with the police and military into Yoon’s brief power grab, which included declaring martial law and dispatching troops to surround the National Assembly. Lawmakers who managed to get past the blockade voted to lift martial law hours later.
- Yoon’s presidential powers were suspended after the opposition-dominated Assembly voted to impeach him on Dec. 14, accusing him of rebellion. The Constitutional Court has started deliberations on whether to formally remove Yoon from office or reinstate him.
- Oh confirmed to lawmakers that the agency was debating with police on whether to arrest members of the presidential security staff if they forcefully obstruct efforts to detain Yoon. Police have said they are considering “all available options” to bring Yoon into custody and haven’t publicly ruled out the possibility of deploying SWAT teams, although it is unclear whether investigators would risk escalating a confrontation with presidential security forces, who are also armed.
- Park Jong-joon, chief of the presidential security service, has hit back against criticism that it has become Yoon’s private army, saying it has legal obligations to protect the incumbent president. He and his deputy have so far defied summonses by police, who planned to question them over the suspected obstruction of official duty following Friday’s events.
Read the original article by clicking here.
Important Takeaways:
- Costco has urgently recalled cold and flu medicines citing a ‘potential foreign material contamination’ accidentally shipped across the U.S.
- The retailer released a statement warning consumers who had bought Kirkland Signature Severe Cold & Flu Plus Congestion medication from stores in the Midwest and Southeast of the country.
- ‘Out of an abundance of caution, LNK has initiated a recall for the accidental release and shipment of a specific lot code that was rejected due to potential foreign material contamination,’ the statement read.
- Costco urged customers not to use any remaining product marked with lot code P140082.
- The statement assured that customers would be eligible for a full refund if they return the item to their local store.
- People who bought the medication between October 30 and November 30 were urged to check the boxes.
Read the original article by clicking here.
Important Takeaways:
- Some remarkable celestial signs will be on display in the coming months that may hold prophetic significance for our world. This series of four heavenly phenomena includes two lunar events over the next 14 months that appear to represent a possible message about Israel.
- It all kicks off with a total lunar eclipse known as a “blood moon” that will appear over the U.S. on March 14, 2025. This particular one will fall directly on the Jewish holiday of Purim. That’s when the Jewish people celebrate the biblical account of Esther when they were delivered from annihilation at the hands of an enemy named Haman in the Persian empire, which is modern-day Iran.
- And that’s not the end. There will actually be two more blood moons, with one coming this fall before Rosh Hashanah, and then the third one also falling directly on Purim on March 3, 2026.
- Bible prophecy experts say lunar eclipses known as “blood moons” are tied to events that affect Israel.
- Historically, blood moon tetrads have occurred during some truly world-changing events directly related to Israel.
- Three tetrads stand out over the last millennium, coinciding with major events for the Jewish people. They occurred from 1493-1494, 1949-1950, and 1967-1968.
- In 1492, the Jews were expelled from Spain after severe persecution, and Christopher Columbus also discovered America, which would eventually become a safe haven for the Jewish people.
- In 1948, the modern state of Israel was reborn as a nation in its original homeland, fulfilling a biblical prophecy from Jeremiah 16:15 – “For I will restore them to their own land which I gave to their fathers.”
- Finally, in 1967, Israel recaptured their capital of Jerusalem during the Six-Day War which many see as an essential precursor to the eventual construction of the Jewish Third Temple. (The Second Temple was destroyed by the Romans in 70 A.D.)
- The next tetrad of blood moons will occur in 2032–2033, exactly 2,000 years after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The last two in that tetrad will fall on Jewish holidays – Passover on April 14, 2033, and Sukkot on Oct 8, 2033. A total solar eclipse will occur in the middle of that rare tetrad on March 30, 2033.
Read the original article by clicking here.
Important Takeaways:
- Western experts have publicly called on China to be more transparent about a viral outbreak overwhelming its hospitals — as data shows the virus is growing in the US.
- Beijing has downplayed footage of overcrowded waiting rooms and wards posted on social media, saying respiratory infections are ‘less severe’ and ‘smaller in scale’ compared to last year.
- That has led some to fear there are similarities with the current situation and the Covid outbreak in 2019, which was initially played down by China.
- It is thought China’s outbreak is being fueled by the relatively unknown virus human metapneumovirus (HPMV), which normally causes cold-like symptoms such as a blocked nose, headache, shivering and tiredness.
- Sanjaya Senanayake, infectious disease expert associate professor of medicine at The Australian National University, said it was ‘vital for China to share its data on this outbreak in a timely manner’, including ‘data about who is getting infected.’
- He added: ‘Also, we will need genomic data confirming that HMPV is the culprit, and that there aren’t any significant mutations of concern. Such genomic data will also guide vaccine development.’
- Their warning comes as the US experiences its own increase in HMPV cases, with positive test percentages doubling from the beginning to the end of December.
- According to the latest CDC data, just under 300 positive test results reported during the last week of December, the latest figures available.
- The US CDC said it is ‘monitoring’ the cases in China but believe they are ‘not currently a cause for concern in the US.’
Read the original article by clicking here.