Luke 21:25 ““And there will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth distress of nations in perplexity because of the roaring of the sea and the waves
- Wildfires force thousands to flee, damage scores of homes in Canada’s Nova Scotia
- Wildfires in Canada’s Atlantic coast province of Nova Scotia have forced thousands of residents to evacuate and damaged scores of homes, authorities said Monday.
- The Halifax Regional Municipality said preliminary estimates indicate that about 200 homes or structures have been damaged, based on initial visual inspections by first responders.
- Halifax Regional Fire & Emergency said an estimated 14,000 people were told to flee their homes, most of which are about a 30-minute drive northwest of downtown Halifax.
- “This fire has not been contained; this fire is not under control,” he said. “It did not spread appreciably and that is thanks to weather, the work of the firefighters on the ground and the work of the air units.”
- However, Meldrum stressed that a change in weather conditions forecast for Tuesday could complicate things.
- David Steeves, a forest resources technician with the Department of Natural Resources, said the fire was helped by a lack of rain and a wooded area thick with softwood trees, which provide a volatile fuel source. “It was perfect conditions for a fast, quick, dangerous fire,” Steeves said.
Read the original article by clicking here.